How It Works
PricePlease is an online service that monitors price changes on specified products and alerts consumers of these changes. With two types of alerts available, online shoppers can choose from two different ways to save money.
Plan your purchases in advance with a Price Drop Alert that monitors your favorite products while you get on with life! A Price Drop Alert will keep an eye on key products in your My Products console and notify you of price changes via email so that you don’t have to be tied to your computer! These alerts are valid for up to 30 days, after which you can let them expire or re-start the price watch to make sure you don’t lose out.
Just because you couldn't wait to buy doesn't mean you still can't save. Price Please also allows you to track your newly purchased items with a Refund Alert! Refund Alerts monitor products that you have recently purchased so that you can claim a rebate if the price drops. Each retailer sets their own price protection period with alerts automatically expiring after the retailer’s prescribed timeframe.
Want to know more about how to set up and manage your alerts? The following information will walk you through the PricePlease system and help you start saving today!
Setting Up Your Price Drop Alert
You have the option to set up one of two different types of alerts: a Price Drop Alert or a Refund Alert. The Price Drop Alert will allow you to monitor price changes for products that you are interested in buying, but haven’t yet purchased.
After selecting the Price Drop Alert, you will need to visit the online web address of the product you wish to monitor; the correct page includes the button ‘Add to Shopping Cart’. It is important to copy the address of the exact product page and paste it into the appropriate box as it will allow the system to track price changes on your behalf.
With the product page submitted, the system will generate a new screen that outlines the name of the product and its current price. While the PricePlease.com system attempts to capture the most accurate information possible, conflicting information on retailer sites can sometimes result in pricing confusion. If you notice that incorrect information has been posted, you will be able to override the listed price. Once you have verified that the product information is correct, you will need to enter your email address in order to register, validate the alert and start monitoring the product.
A confirmation message will appear if you have successfully registered your alert and you will have the option to start all over again!
Setting Up Your Refund Alert
A Refund Alert is slightly different from a Price Drop Alert in that it allows you to track products that have already been purchased so that you have the option to claim a price protection refund from the retailer.
Much like the Price Drop Alert, you must start by choosing the Refund Alert option on the homepage and entering the online web address of the product you wish to monitor. It is important to ensure that you copy and paste the correct address into the appropriate box so that the system can accurately track any price changes.
The PricePlease.com system will generate a screen that provides the product name, purchase price and the date of your purchase. You will need to verify that this information is correct before proceeding to the next step.
Once you have set up an alert and validated your email address, you will be ready to receive notification of any price changes via email. It is important to remember that you can opt out of receiving email updates by logging into the Account Management screen and making the appropriate changes to your account.
Alerts will be sent to your email address both to confirm that you have created an alert and to inform you that an alert has expired or been removed from the My Products console. Specific types of alerts have different features and will be sent to your email address based on the following criteria:
Price Drop Alerts
- Frequency: once daily, but only if the price has dropped
- Alert period: 30 days
- Frequency: once daily, but only if the price has dropped
- Alert period: determined by the retailer’s price protection period
Account Set Up Notification
Once you have registered for an alert, the system will send a confirmation email message with a validation link to your email address. After clicking on the link, you will be connected to your own personal Account Management screen, where you will be prompted to create a password.
The Account Management space has been designed to help you manage PricePlease profile in the following ways:
- Change your password
- Change your email address (note: changing your email address will require the same validation process as the original set up)
- Opt in/out of email alerts (note: opting out means that you will have to visit the My Products console to remain up-to-date on the status of your account and alerts)
- Enter your first name (optional)
- Enter your last name (optional)
- Enter a nickname (optional)
Take the time to check out the PricePlease.com Retailers page and learn a bit more about the online partner stores including:
- Price protection period (i.e. 14 days)
- Contact information
- Price protection claim exceptions (i.e. there may be a product exclusion, like bicycles)
- Store details (i.e. description of goods sold online)
My Products Console
Registered users of PricePlease.com have the option to log into the site and access the My Products console. This page will provide you with status reports for all active and expired alerts in your profile including:
- Price Drop Alerts: active alerts that monitor price changes on products that have yet to be purchased;
- Refund Alerts: active alerts that monitor price changes on products that have already been purchased;
- Expired Alerts: inactive alerts that had monitored changes from both the Price Drop Alerts and Refund Alerts categories.
In addition, you will have the option to:
- Convert Price Drop Alerts to Refund Alerts
- Convert Refund Alerts to Price Drop Alerts
- Re-activate any Price Drop Alerts that have expired
- Remove alerts from any tab on the console